Start a new topic

New Features

We are constantly adding new features for our members!  Let us know what features you would like us to work on next.

9 people like this idea

it was interesting for me

JPG
(2.2 MB)
An autoplay function similar to that of YouTube's auto-play option.

1 person likes this
Foreign language subjects such as Chinese, Latin, Spanish, French, Italian, German, etc. would be quite useful as well. They could also serve as courses for university and AP-subject courses for high school-middle school students.

A platform to add classes as in other classroom management systems (Edmodo, Schoology, etc). Each class could have a "class code" and students can join the class. In this way teachers can assign videos to the class and students can easily have access to them. Also, teachers and students could track progress together. 

In this same vain, if you could have an app on the Edmodo platform, teachers could sync their Edmodo classrooms to Study.com. This would be an amazing feature!!! I know many Edmodo teachers would jump at the chance to sync their already existing Edmodo classrooms to the engaging content Study.com has to offer. 

1 person likes this

Hi Tricia and Peter,

These are great suggestions!  I have shared your thoughts with our Product Team in hopes of getting them built.  Some of our best features have come from members just like you, so keep looking for new things.  

I want to echo Tricia's comment. I want to have a dashboard for seeing my classroom and my students individual progress. I'd like to give them a join code.

Hi Shelley,

Thank you for your feedback!  Some of our best features have come from members like you and Tricia.  As a result, our developers are currently working on a teacher reporting feature that will give a more detailed view of every student you have assigned a Study.com lesson to.  This feature should be available very soon, so please keep an eye out for it. 

study com is good but make me confuse of what you provide to me.

Hi Oman,

Thank you for reaching out to us! Our team would be happy to answer any questions you might have.  You can reach out to us at 877.290.2008 or by opening a customer support ticket by visiting http://study.com/ and click on the "contact support" link at the bottom of the page.  

A slow-down or speed-up feature similar to Youtube's speed-up/slow-down feature. I find myself wanting to speed the videos up due to "time-anxiety."

Hi Peter,

I think this is a great idea!  I will definitely pass your suggestion onto our Product Team.  We are always adding new features to our website, so hearing suggestions like this helps us prioritize what our members really value. 

1 person likes this

I haven't explored the website fully so I'm not sure if these options exist, but at a glance I didn't see these possibilities:

I think subtitles added to the videos could be a good idea for ESL learners as well as hearing impaired.

While it is helpful that students can read the text below  the videos, I also think pdf copies of the lesson texts could be made available for download.

Another interesting idea would be the ability to download videos individually and in batches so that the student could download an entire module to their phone or pc.

Lastly, while I understand that the prices are much less than one would pay for a university course I believe the prices are quite high for many people, myself included. I think people might be more inclined to subscribe long term if the fee were 5 or 10 per month. I don't think this is unreasonable considering the fact that with the e-classroom/e-learning the number of potential students is increased exponentially. Lowering the price would also help make education affordable to the masses. 

Thank you for considering my suggestions.

I've enjoyed using the website. It's a great idea!

Best wishes,

-JD

Hi Jason,

Thank you for providing your feedback!  I have forwarded your ideas over to our Product Team to discuss. They are currently creating a feature that would allow users to download transcripts.  We are also in the early stages of creating a mobile app so that our lessons could be viewed offline.  This should hopefully solve some of the concerns you have. 

We truly value our user's feedback and we build features based off  of their requests.  Please keep your feedback coming and look for new features in the future.

Have a great day!

Brad

I second both of Jason Deer's suggestion for subtitles and prices.

I also would like to suggest a revamp of the quiz's format, one being that we can see our answer being wrong or correct right away-- for instance, when we click "Next" on our answer, we can see whether or not that answer was right because the answer choice we selected turns "Green" for correct or incorrect when it turns "Red," right when we click on "Next," and then it shifts to the next question after a short pause or so, letting that information that our answer choice was correct or incorrect sink in for a bit.

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment