Start a new topic

Credit card?

Why does this site have to have credit card information? Why can't it be a free site?

Thank you for reaching out to us!  We ask you for your credit card information primarily for identity and security reasons. By providing this information, you also won't experience any interruption to your learning and course progress if you decide to continue your subscription. However, we will not charge your credit card during the trial period. The trial is completely free, and you can cancel at any time before it ends to avoid being charged. Once the trial period ends and you decide to continue, your credit card will be charged. 

I hope that this provides some clarity. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions.

How can i cancel the trial?

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for reaching out to us! Cancelling your account is easy and I’m happy to walk you through the steps:

1. Log into your account here: https://study.com/academy/login.html

2. Click on the  'Membership & Billing' link within the 'Profile' or sometimes called the 'Account Info' section of your dashboard. 

3. Then click on the "Change Plan" button on the right-hand side of the page

4. At the bottom of the next page you will see a link to cancel your account

5. Just select this and your account will be cancelled

Once your billing date approaches, your credit card will not be charged and your access to website will be restricted. 

Please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

what if anyone login with his credit card but don't have money or used that money.  will he would be charge after free trial or his account would be closed?????and what if a person cancel a account before free trail and will be charge afterwards for single bucks also ??????????and in free trail is watching the video limited ?????thank u 

Hi Vivek,

A valid credit card is needed to register for a Study.com account and receive a 5 day free trial.  All our memberships start with a 5 day free trial and then automatically transition into a monthly membership at the end of the trial period (unless the account is cancelled). You would not be charged a monthly membership fee if the account is cancelled during the trial period.  Our memberships allow you to have access to our entire library of courses and you can watch as many videos as you like.  

thanks Brad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why won't you keep a option for debit card 

because if we forgot to cancel our subscription in the free trail period, the money will be directly deducted from our credit card !!!!!

I'm glad I was able to help!  You are welcome to use a debit card to create a Study.com account.  However, it will also automatically transition into a paid membership at the end of your free trial period if the account is not cancelled prior.  I would suggest setting yourself a calendar reminder for the end of the 5th day if you do not plan to keep your account beyond the trial period.

I have signed up to study.com, but I am unable to login to do anything. If I can't login, I can't use site or cancel my account

Hi Karen,

Thank you for reaching out to us!  I apologize that you are having trouble logging into your account, I know that can be frustrating.  I just searched our database for accounts matching the email address you provided.  It looks like you might have used another email address to register your account or accidentally made a typo.  This is easy to fix and I am happy to search our database using more information.  Can you provide me the last 4 digits of the card information you entered, your phone number, and any other email addresses you might have used?  I would suggest opening a customer support ticket so that this information stays private.  You can open a support ticket by clicking on "Contact Support" at the bottom of any Study.com webpage.

Login to post a comment