Quiz Party is an interactive game that teachers can use in the classrooms to assess student understanding. Teachers choose a Study.com quiz to display on a projected screen, and students answer the questions using their own devices (phone, tablet, etc.). Quiz Party is a twist on Study.com quizzes that fosters classroom interaction, promotes long-term retention, and makes learning fun!
To start a Quiz Party, sign in with a Study.com Teacher Plan account. Your students do not need to have an account to participate in a quiz game, but you will need:
- A Study.com quiz
- 10 to 15 minutes of class time
- 2+ students, each with a computer, a tablet or a smartphone
- A device (usually a projector or a monitor) to project the teacher's screen
- Go to a lesson you want to use in your classroom. To preview quiz questions, go to the Quiz Tab of the same lesson and scroll down to the Worksheet section (the questions will be the same in the Worksheet and in the Quiz).
- Click on "Learn More" on the right-hand side under Teacher Tools to open the game.
- Click on "New Game" to start the game.
- Now that the game lobby has been created, students who wish to participate need to go to https://study.com/play and join the game lobby using the game code.
- Once all players have joined, click "Continue" to start the quiz game.
- For each question in the game, the teacher's screen will display the question and answer choices, and students' screens will display answer choices that the students can click or tap on.
- After the time runs out, or after all the players have selected an answer, a leaderboard will appear showing the correct answer, the number of times each answer was selected, and how many points each player got.
- After all the questions have been answered, there is also a final leaderboard.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many students can play?
The maximum number of students that can play Quiz party is 30. Encourage your students to work in pairs or small groups if needed, or if you want to foster collaboration!
What type of quizzes can I use?
Most Study.com quizzes can be used to start a Quiz Party. Passage-based quiz questions are the only type that will not be included in Quiz Party.
Can I adjust the time limit per question?
The default time limit per question is 30 seconds. You can customize this by clicking on "Options" before you start the game. You can either choose a time limit (15, 30, 60, or 120 seconds) or manually control the pace of the quiz.