Teachers can give their students access to lessons and assignments by using the share link created for an assignment.
To share a lesson or assignment with students via a Learning Management System such as Canvas or Blackboard, follow the steps below.
- Create an assignment and get a share link.
- Copy and paste the share link to your assignment body post. Here's an example of what it would look like in Canvas:
- When students click on the link you send them, they will see one of two things:
- If they are logged in to their free student account (FSA), they will be taken directly to the lesson. As shown below, students will be notified that a lesson has been assigned to them with the due date clearly shown.
- If they are not logged in or do not have an FSA account, they'll be prompted to either login or create a free account to get access to the assignment. Upon logging in or creating a free account, they will automatically be redirected to the lesson. If you are looking for instructions on how to send a lesson to your students on Google Classroom, click here!